View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 12:19 AM   #16
Judy in Waco
Gizzy & Kandi spoil me
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisandra View Post
Wow thank you all for your advice so now im giving it second thoughts since i dont have a small fortune to spend on supplies and machines maybee if i do a craigslist search and find someone selling a machine i will get it. If not i will see what i could do what machines do you all recomend i live in a apt so i cant get a big one something that will get the job done would be great.

My machine was a little less than $100. It wasn't the cheapest, but it does zippers and several stiches. Very basic starter machine. We have a free little newspaper here called American Classifieds and it lists things people are selling locally. That might be a good way to find one also.

Other supplies....go easy, that's where most of your expense will be. Bias tape, zippers, lace, etc... I suggest looking at garage sales, etc... Also, look at clothes you are planning to discard because of stains, etc.. Sometimes the fabric or trim may be salvaged.That's my two cents...but I just sew for my own puppy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!