View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 07:23 AM   #1
donna
Yorkie Yakker

Default Don't know what to do next

Hi everyone. I have two male Yorkies aged 18 months. The breeder I got them from was registered with the UK Pet agency and I really trusted her. However she sold me two boys who are brothers and as I have since learned this makes things very hard when it comes to their behaviour.

For the past year we've been having trouble with their excessive barking, going to the toilet in the house when our backs are turned and lately there have been signs of agression.

We consulted a dog trainer and she gave us a lot of tips, and said most of the problems were down to the one of the dogs, Biscuit being so utterly nervous.

The barking I can deal with and I am trying to control it, the marking in the house I understand but the agression scares me and today we had an incident where they launched into an attack for no apparent reason and Bailey lost a chunk of his ear. I'm very worried now that one, they will hurt each other badly or two, they will hurt one of us.

Bailey often snaps at us when we go near him to put on his lead or to groom him - basically when we do anything that he doesn't want us to do. When Biscuit sees Bailey going for us he will sometimes attack Bailey. In other instances Biscuit will be threatened by the doorbell or by a noise and he will attack Bailey.

I just don't know what to do about it. I love them both so much and I do so much training with them. I don't want to give any of them up but I know that we really do need help and our trainer isn't returning my calls.
donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!