View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Cheryl, I know what you mean. Ellie (my Yorkie) had all her puppy shots and maybe one booster. We had stopped the vaccine thing for awhile until last fall when she was exposed to a dog that was exposed to a dog that had parvo. She didn't get it but we thought it would be a good idea to catch her up on vaccines. Our old vet that did her puppy shots left out the Lepto part of the DHLPP so Ellie just got DHPP. Our new vet office where we started going last falll decided to give her Lepto. She also got a three year rabies at the same time (first mistake on our part was allowing two vaccines together). We brought Ellie home and about a half an hour after she had her vaccines she threw up, then she collapsed and got wild eyed. She started going into shock. We rushed her back to the vet and they gave her a couple of shots of something and she ended up being okay So, Ellie will never be getting the Lepto vaccine again and she probably won't get the DHPP at all. The only reason we will do rabies is because it is required. I don't like the three year rabies though. That is three years of drugs in the system instead of just one. I am reasonably confident that most puppy shots last for a lifetime anyway.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!