View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
lynsey
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default my 10 week old has a broken leg :(

my boyfriend and i got a half teacup yorkie half maltese when he was 6 weeks old.. i was at my mom's place with my little man (Reese) when my boyfriend was in Calgary and my mom went to take the garbage out and Reese was sleeping, but when she came back in, Reese had woken up and ran to the door, my mom, thinking he was still asleep shut the door, not realizing littel reese at only 7 weeks at the time was in the doorway.. he cried and cried louder than i've ever heard anything or anyone cry, and when he calmed down i put him down to see if he could walk and he was only walking with his 3 little legs (just think how small he was at 7 weeks old and his parents are 3 1/2 lb and 4 lb full grown)... we thought maybe it was a muscle or something because when my dad touched him, his bones seemed in tact, so we left it to see if in the morning it would be better, but when we woke up, he was in worse pain than he was the day before so we decided to take him to the vet, turns out he had a broken leg... but he was too small to do surgery so the vet put him to sleep and broke his leg back to straighten it (it was crooked).. it is stil 3 degrees off, but i am just wondering, the day after the vet put his cast on, little Reese was in no pain at all and just wanted to run, the vet told us to keep him off his leg for the first 2 weeks, but its sooo hard to keep a little puppy from wanting to run and jump... for the first couple weeks he dragged his poor little back leg, but now he is beginning to actually use it to walk.. im so worried my poor little baby wont be able to walk the same since it was broken at such a young age...
lynsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!