View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 11:34 AM   #11
xxmxaxrxyxx
Missing Yoshi Everyday!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowell View Post
The reason why most dog attacks are sited as being a pit bull attack is because of the ignorance of society and the hype of a good story by the media...

As a matter of FACT there are more dog bites by most other breeds more than pit bulls. Please see www.hugabull.com. the other thing that you can look at is (find the pit bull) type that in your browser and it should come up. This goes to show that there are many breeds that look close in appearance that get deemed a pit bull therefore the poor reputation.

The common denominator in all dog bites is the owner, not properly socializing dogs (any dog). Or mistreatment causing fear aggression.

I have owned bully breeds all of my life and have never had a problem because I properly socialize my dogs.

My girl Addie is good with little or big dogs and has even backed off from other aggresive small dogs... My goat (pygme) head butts her all of the time and Addie just takes it. The other day my rabbit jumped up and bit her on the nose and all she did was cry. and my guinea pig sleeps on the bed with her. Last but certainly not least my Yorkie owns the food dish and my "pit Bull" waits for her to be done before eating..

The moral of the story is all dogs have the ability to bite and it is all of our resposibility to monitor our dogs (small or big) to make sure that people and pets are safe.. Socialize Socialize Socialize your dogs anytime possible it is your responsibiltiy to your animal and your neighbours.
and btw welcome to YT...keke...didn't realize you were new until after I had post...kekek
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!