View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #24
iloveemmy
And the winner is...
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbmamaw View Post
I have two golden yorkies. The difference between a gold and a chocolate is the color of the nose and eye rims. A gold will have a black nose and black eye-rims. A chololate has liver colored eye-rims and a liver colored nose.

Picture three is Connor... (I do not breed him. Not AKC standard color. But I love the way he looks.)

Picture one and two is Kera... (I would consider breeding her, but with no registration and pet quality only. At a much reduced price. I do not believe in inflating prices for these pups.) I have friends who would love to have a 'gold'.

There is rumor going around that these 'golds' have color related health issues. According the the Yorkie Doctor for AKC, this is not true and only a rumor. Believe me.. after getting 'love' letters from people, I did my research...LOL. He stated that they are subject to any of the breed's related health issues as any yorkie is, but nothing related to their coloring.

Enjoy the pics!

Conner is the exact color of one my daughter's yorkies--we love the golden color!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!