View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 02:27 PM   #92
natalie
Owned by Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by red98vett
Midge5353....It's really ok to give the benefit of the doubt but the facts remain that everyone who is AGAINST pet stores have every right to be upset. There are WAY too few good ones - I mean really...think about it - WHERE would the puppies be coming from ? The breeder down the street ? no - they have to SHIP them in in trucks and cages from a place that mass breeds. It's a sad life those puppies have and defending ANY pet store just can't be done because the few good ones are FAR outweighed by the vast majority of BAD stores.

You were sweet to apologise and you had a point - then you saw the reasoning behind the passion - which is a good thing ! The idea of saying NO PET SHOPS is easy ...to get into all the law and other posts I just read is totally confusing and too boring for the general public....they need to hear Puppy Mill = Pet Store puppies - You'd be surprised at how many people are shocked when they find out ...I was.

Vilette, you go girl. I really agree with you about this whole situation. A pet shop is a pet shop and that's all there is to it.

Regardless of whether it's a bad pet shop or a "family owned" petshop where they sell for breeders... why are the breeders not selling out of their own house? Why put your beloved pet that you love oh-so much on consignment at a pet shop??
Any of the breeders that I have spoken to would never let their pups sit in a cage out of sight regardless of how "nice" these pet shops are and how family owned they may be. The fact is simple and clear. A pet shop will only be that.. a pet shop.

I, personally, think that finding a "good" pet shop these days in this kind of money-hungry society is like finding a needle in a haystack.

And yes, when I, too, found out where Pet Shop puppies came from.. I was appalled and I never bought anything from there since.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!