Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 07:21 AM   #8
shimbo
Yorkie Talker

update:

so far, the loud goose like snorting has slowly diminishing...she sounds still congested but i think the children tyenol is really working...or at least doing something....

as weird as it sounds....she is knocked out and sleeping comfortably....again, i gave her a very very small dosage.....and just gave her again.....i think it is working for whatever she was suffering but she needed the rest...my goodness, have you ever heard a dog not being able to sleep in the evening...? thats exactly what happened last night....she did not sleep and kept coughing and soooo congested.....i felt so helpless and could not sleep as well..........

overall, i am relieved....and yes, i prayed very hard for her to have some relief.....to see her gagging for a breath was killing me.....at least with a child we have medication to relieve some pain...but with a dog what do you do? i don't know what the effect of giving children cold tyenol is dangerous or not...but i was very desperate and so far, she seems to be getting better......i know her trachea will always be there and definitly a wake up call to never leave her with anyone.....but just to see she is able to sleep and breathe without struggling....i am so relieved........

she is our family member..............and i am her mommy.....we love her as much as we love our 6 year old.....thank you for all the advices and prayers.....i will update as much as possible.........but the scary part has finally lessened and hopefully, when i visit the vet tomorrow...i will find some answers........as for now, my dog is relaxed and getting the rest she needs...BTW, she is eating so well...........still hungry as ever and drinking....good signs....but i have put her on a diet....whatever i can do to make her last couple years as comfortable...i will have to try...

thanks again!....now for my needed rest as well.............since, coming back from my trip....totaly lack of sleep...............

Last edited by shimbo; 06-03-2007 at 07:22 AM.
shimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!