Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 02:38 AM   #7
shimbo
Yorkie Talker

Thank you for all the suggestions and advice....

at this moment, i still have to wait till tomorrow to see anyone....i'm going to check out on base vet and see what they can do....or know...

the german vet couldn't do anything....she just prescribed some meds...she couldn't hear her heart due to my dogs loud coughing...and honking...i mean it was very loud....never have i heard it loud...plus, she would not relax....the doctor just couldn't seem to do anything until she calms down...we waited for the relaxations meds to kick in...but my dog just wouldn't and the sound wasn't any better...overall, she prescribed some to clear the lungs hopefully, able to breathe...plus, i was to continue giving her antibotics...thats it....

it did worse last night....BTW, she is eating very well and drinking...her actions seems the same just the coughing is really annoying....i practically could not sleep all night because my poor dog was suffering...she is a great sleeper but to see her having a hard time and uncomfy...i did rub her belly and chest...it helped but not much....

out of desperation...i gave her some children tyenol...the one with cough meds.....gave her in a very very small dosage....but it seemed to have worked....at least she fell asleep..and snoring very very loud..but i angled her in a verticaly and she feel asleep next to me...every half an hour just to check on her.....this morning...she woke...did the usual rountine....still coughing hard...ate..i am putting her on a diet..she is overweight...and then gave her another dosage of tyenol....whatever, i can ease her suffering...honestly, i couldn't bear to see and hear what she was going through...

as for kennel cough...it could be...because my friend had two dogs..she isn't use to be around other dogs..but again, because of all that was happening...she doesn't like lots of activity because it puts lots of stress on her....with 4 kids and her mommy not there...i am sure she was very stressed...

again, all the suggestions you ladies gave....will the vet be able to do something? or am i seeing something I don't want to encounter...? she is old...12 years old...she has hype, pancret...and yes, she has been diagnosed collaspse trachea...but we controlled it by not getting her overly excitied...but i feel terrible for even leaving her with a friend...but then again, we never imagined that she's go through this..

i will update as much as i can............thnak you...my yorkie is my first...i had the dog before my dd.....my dh us concerned because my dog adores him...but because he's deployed...he feels just as helpless...............

thanks again
shimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!