Thread: Is it just me?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #9
Judy in Waco
Gizzy & Kandi spoil me
Donating Member

Default She's beautiful!

Little Lexi is just beautiful!

I know what you mean. At first, I wore myself out worrying about everything!! I have had my baby Gizmo for 8 days now. I keep him in a playpen when I can't hold him or watch him closely. I also use a tether method to keep him close to me when I have to fold laundry, etc. So far, no problems having him eat. He does cry a bit from time to time when I leave him alone in his playpen, but usually it's like a baby who is overly stimulated (I think at least). From what I've been told, sleep is almost as important as food, so I let him fuss sometimes for a minute and then he settles down and goes to sleep. So far, it works great. If he keeps crying (or that pitiful whining!) for more than a couple of minutes, I try distracting him with a toy or chewy bone or toy. If that doesn't work, I just resign myself to letting him stay with me longer and put off the chores. Oh well!

He is staying comfortably in the playpen for longer and longer periods of time, so I think I'm on the right track. Luckily, I have a couple of months to spend with him before I go back to work in the fall. I'm a teacher.

He really does settle down after crying for a minute or so about 85% of the time.

By the way, are you anywhere close to Waco? I would really like to find a yorkie playmate for Gizmo!
Judy in Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!