Thread: Positive Parvo
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:37 AM   #1
Tiffi
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Positive Parvo

I am new to the forum and new to yorkies. I wanted a yorkie for years and about 1 week ago finally was blessed with Tiffany. She's the most lovable little pup and has my heart. She has been a very hyper little gal since I got her but on Thurs. I noticed she wasn't quite as hyper as usual and wasn't eating. I watched her closely and on Friday she was still not as hyper. She wasn't really lethargic or acting ill in any way, just not as active and not eating. So we took her to the vet and got the most heartbreaking news! She tested positive for parvo! In the area I live in they said it was almost an epidemic because it's so common right now. She had her first vaccination but the lady I got her from apparently fibbed to me because she had never had her boosters. The vet said it was a very strong positive but it was promising that she wasn't too symptomatic yet. They have kept her overnight and will keep her for several days to continue treatment.

The vet keeps telling me that she's very optimistic but just the sound of parvo horrifies me. So give it to me straight...is it a good thing that she got medical attention quickly and does her lack of symptoms give any promise as to her getting better?

Thanks for any advice! Me and my kids and even my DH are so upset by this.
Tiffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!