View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 PM   #5
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonmon View Post
I have been feeding my 3 babies, people food the last few weeks after the dog food scare. Plus, they were so picky with dog food, half the time I put it in their bowl in the morning and it just sat there all day. Ive been feeding them either ground chicken, turkey or beef, mixed with rice, a little cheese sometimes. I feel them in the morning,but it seems like they should have more than that. I always leave some dry food out, but hey hardly ever touch it, so I feel Im wasting my money. Is a cup a day right, or would a cup twice a day be more like what they need. Thanks so much
Laura
first.. there should be a veggie in there... just grate some raw carrotts or something and if this is something you plan on continueing with i'd get a book on the subject since when home cooking dogs need to be supplimented and the food needs to be in proper proportion to the other foods you are feeding (i recommend Dr. Pitcairn's book.. great book!). However if you are just doing this temporarily here is what i feed Layla.. she is a little over 5 lbs... a tbs of both cottage cheese and yogurt every morning, and between 1/4 to 1/2 cup of people food.. she is eating ground beef, oatmeal and carrots right now.. if your dogs are larger you might want to give between 1/2 to 1 cup a day. i find if i give it to her in small amounts.. she will eat it all up.. but if there is a lot.. she won't.. i also have to grate cheese on top or she won't even look at it
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!