View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 09:32 AM   #4
LittleBeakerBoy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Graciesmommy, our dogs sound exactly the same.. my beaker is 15 weeks old and still has never picked up a toy... i have not told any one a lot really about beaker but her i go.. I remember calling this lady about yorkies that she had for sale... she told me she only had one left....i was interested and told her i would call her back...well i waited about a week or a little more, when i called back she told me she still had the puppy but he was kinda sick, and could not let him go, it was not a real bad sick where he wasnt going to be ok... he just had stopped eating on his own and she needed to get him to gain some more weight and get him eating again befor she could let him go.. well sence this was somthing that could be fixed and the dog would be fine , it was an awsome deal for a dog with akc papers, i asked her if i could come and at least look at him to see if i liked him , so that i could put a dep on him if i did... so i think it was like a week after the phone call that i went to go check this dog out, after an hour and a half drive, we were there. i saw the dog and fell in such love with him... so tiny and what a baby doll face..she explain to me that she had brought him to the vet and the vet had no clue why he just stoped eating on his own...she did tell me that the vet did give the dog medicen for coxsidea..(sp) and that the dog also had hypoglycemic too...telling me that dog would be alright and that he just needed to take his med and needed to be fed with a serynge untill he eats on his own.... i was ok with it and said well let me leave a dep, and asked when can i come and pick him up... she said after christmas.... with disappointment i explained to her that i was going to my parents in south fl for christmas and would like if if i could pick him up a lillte before christmas so i could bring him home with me.... A family member of hers who was there too quickly turned and said...(why dont you just let bianca...thats me... take the dog today and she can give him what he needs and hand feed him herself..) To make this long story short.. me being in such a hurry to take this dog, that i fell so in love, home with me ,,, i did... i stayed up day and night trying to get this dog to eat... this puppy would not lick, look at you,wouldnt wag its tail, would be hunched backed, would not sit, and was very sickly looking... My father said that if i were him that he would take the dog back... but i was not about to give up hope on this little angle.. the women did say that she would take him back, but me being the way i am, pig headed i didnt want to, even if it meant me loesing 550$... My father also asked me if i saw the parents.. man was i stupid... she did tell me on the phone befor i got the puppy, when i asked about the parents.. that they were both there at her house.. when i was at her house i forgot to ask to see them... that was stupid... but anyways.. time went on with the pup and one day he just started to lick... but still wouldnt eat food.. so i then put food where beaker would lick..uh hah.. that worked.. he started eathing and has been eathing sence... and now wags his tail.... looks healther, sits down.. runs.... and seems like he want to play,... but never does.. some one told me it could be seperation, or that some dogs just take a very long time to get use to there new surroundings..i hope so... my vet says he is very healthy... he has never even barked..not once.. i think as time goes on he will learn to bark or even play... i love him regardles... he is my littl angle.....
LittleBeakerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!