View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 04:40 AM   #1
ellie81
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Cry What did I do WRONG??? I NEED your support, PLEASE!!!!

I've been so sad lately because I realized that Bengi has fear aggression issues. I feel like I failed as a yorkie mom because it looks like I didn't do a good job to help him socialize. I thought I did... I mean, I took him to obedience classes, took him to the park, on walks, but it looks like it wasn't enough. He barks when on a leash at stranger people and dogs. It's like he's telling them to go away. He doesn't let anybody touching him.
This weekend we went to a hotel on the beach and he barked at everybody that was passing by. He barked more if they were walking a dog.
This hurts so much because he's so loving with me and family members. We all love when people compiments our dogs and they say "Oh your dog is so cute!" but then he starts to bark like crazy so nobody would get closer and people kinda laught because he's so small so he's not scary. But I feel embarrassed because I don't want him to be that way. At this point I don't expect him to be a social butterfly, but at least it he would just ingnore people or not care about them would be fine with me.
I decided I want to do something about this. I'm going to talk to a trainer because I want to do whatever is needed to help, and avoid doing things that are contributing to his behavior. I need your support YTalkers!!!! because I know this is a long road and takes a lot of patience. I need to know I'm not alone in this and that I have people here who can make me feel good when Bengi improves little by little.
I just want him to be him anywhere he goes!!!! I don't like when people think he's bad, when I know he's not, and I don't want to try to excuse his behavior by saying "He's just afraid!" or when a little girl asks me if she can pet him I don't want to tell her "maybe it's not a good idea".
He is a year old now and I had him since he was a puppy. I think I can do this!!! I think I can help him!!!!! Can I?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!