View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #18
kelsie123186
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eringabrielle View Post
Willow is going to be spayed soon and I am terrified. She is 6 months and still under 2 pounds so I was going to try and wait until she was a little bigger maybe around 8 months.
Well, she has not lost one baby tooth! So when I saw that she had her adults coming in, canines and all, I figured I couldn't wait much longer to get her spayed and teeth done all at once.

It will make me feel better if I could hear some successful spaying stories on tiny girls.....did you have any problems? Is there a certain anesthesia that is safer for tinies? (I think I've read something about that from somewhere...wish I could remember)

Thanks!
EXACT SAME STORY AS ME!!!
Bailey weighed in at a whopping 1.9lbs (she is 6 and 1/2 mo.) Today. We kept waiting as well because she is just so tiny. Finally a week ago we noticed her adult teeth growing in behind her baby teeth! She was very uncomfortable so we decided to go ahead with her spay. I droped her off earlyer today and was crying because I WAS SOOO TERIFIED that something would happen to her. I just got a call 20 min ago that all her teeth are pulled and she is spayed and doing great... I GET TO PICK HER UP AT 4!!!! YIPPI IM SO EXCITED!!! Just make sure you are confident in your vet. I love my vet and if it wasnt for her reassurance i might not have ever gotten her fixed.
good luck with your little one and let us know what happens!!!
kelsie123186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!