View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
JoyRenee
YT 500 Club Member

Question Should or shouldnt she Breed again???

Sunday, I was quite frantic. I am doing my research and "TRYING" to do everything right before I breed my lil girl , Peaches. She is 19 months and in her 2 cd heat. Yesterday was her 9 or 10th day in her heat. Well we had just got back from a walk and they our 3 yorkies and Golden. They had got dirty on the walk where they were playing around the pond. Sooooo right away after returning home my husband took our Golden down to our creek and was giving her a bath. I took, Peaches in my bathroom to give her one and my daughter took her furson in the other bathroom to give him one. Well after she was done I towel dried her and kept her in the bathroom while I washed dried and got dressed. I opened the bathroom door and she went flying out. My daughter had , Rascal (Furson) on her lap drying him. He jumped off immediately and on to her.. and I am telling you that quick we hollered for him to get off and he tried but they were tied. I was frantic because I was going to take her to the vet to be checked out to make sure she was capable of handling a Pg. I also wanted to wait till her 3rd heat. Anyway, Peaches & Racal were tied for around 5 minutes. I went screaming outside for my husband and he put cold water on them to get them separated.
Now after talking to others they said He should not have done the cold water thing. Ugh They also said that we should let them tie again in fear she just has one pup and it would get to big for her causing her problems. Is there anyway you could help me and guide me to what to do???

Please no slamming, at this point what is, is. ... I need help deciding what is best from this point. I truly am trying and researching .. So if you want to slam .. dont post and leave the post to ones that would like to help.

Now, I did talk to my vet today. I tried them yesterday but due to the Holiday they were closed. Now my vet told me to not breed her again because there is a chance she didnt get pg. Soooooo I am just confused Should or shouldnt I let her breed today???
Oh yeah, Peaches is between 4 to 4 and half pounds.

Join today and remove this ad!