View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
LoveMyGirlz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Is this good news? An angel?

As you know, we lost our Lexxi (Maltese) just Saturday morning after her struggle with hydrocephalus....
When she was diagnosed, I had called the breeder to inform her and she didn't even know what it was. She said she couldn't help me with the medical bills but would "replace" her when the time came (as if there is a replacement).
Anyway, I continued to think "no, I wouldn't want another one from her" and I still feel that way. However, I did send an email to her informing her of what has happened - do you think she's repsonded? No. I guess I just want her to say "OMG I'm so sorry" and be understanding, at the very least.

The good news........
So I was talking to a breeder friend of mine and told her what happened. She in turn was talking to her good friend (breeder) about my story. She says to me "Sandy wants you to have her little maltese girl. She is 1 yrs old and 3 lbs. She wanted to keep her for breeding but she didn't get big enough."
I told my friend it was too soon....but go ahead and send me pics and the price she is asking and I'll think on it.
She said "no. She wants to GIVE her to you! She just wants her to have the best home possible, and I assured her, you were the one!"
At first I thought it was way too soon and I have a house full already...but then I thought "maybe this means she was meant to come to me?" Who does that? Just out of the goodness of thier heart says "I'm sorry for your loss. Here, I want you to have and care for my baby to help you ease the pain."
I have pictures of her...she is a doll and I feel like I can't say no! Like she is supposed to be with us!
What do you all think? Part of me feels guilty even considering another baby already, but I almost think she is this gift, this angel??
LoveMyGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!