Thread: Migranes!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #25
gutu28
Lovin' the Cali kisses!
Donating Member

For the past couple of years, I have also suffered from migranes. Mine were so bad..I would get them every day. Imitrex works well to get rid of them, but it ends up coming back when the meds wear off.

I was also on Topamax for about 8 months and I was MISERABLE! Since it is still a fairly new drug, all of the side effects aren't known about quite yet. They were horrible for me..I didn't want to get out of bed I was so depressed. I lost so much weight I looked like a holocaust child. It works wonders for some..not for me, though. Finally I decided Id rather deal with the headaches than feel like that.

Late last year, I started going to a chiropractor and it has REALLY helped. Id go 2x a week and he'd readjust my neck..which is where my migranes always start. You have to give it a few months to start feeling relief, though.

Now, I usually only get them the week before my period starts..which I can handle much better.

I also have to make sure I don't sleep on my stomach anymore (it strains yuor neck), drink plenty of water (dehydration caused my headaches) and not let myself get to where I was STARVING..if I know Im going somwhere, I always make sure to bring something with me.

There's another thread on here about Topamax..just search.

Also..go to askanypatient.com or askapatient.com...one of the two. You can type in topamax and see all the horrible side effects that it can cause..some of the people went delusional and wanted to commit suicide..very scary.

Good luck to you!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!