View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 11:00 PM   #7
rhiannon80
Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused

Hi! I am new to YT and was just browsing through some of the forums when I came across this one. I think this law is ridiculous! I am new to breeding Yorkies but my family has been breeding Poms for years! We have always had a waiting list, with people wanting one of our Poms. None of our pups have ever ended up in the pound, and have all been very healthy! I think if this law passes, and starts to branch out to other state then the quality of purebreds will suffer. Inbreeding will become much more likely. Plus the law states that all licensed breeders have to breed pure breeds. So there goes all those adorable mix breed pups! Yes, I believe that there needs something to be done to help with pet over population, but I don't believe that this is the answer. I believe that if the government wants to control such things they should fund free or very low cost spay & neuter clinics around the state. Most people I know can afford and do have their dogs spayed or neutered. I believe most unwanted pups come from people whom dearly want a dog but can't afford to spay or neuter their pet. I would probably even support this bill if it were for all unpapered or mix breed dogs. We would still be able to preserve the quality of all breeds and there will always be someone out there that would have two purebreds to keep those adorable mix breeds around. They'd probably even develope a market for mix breed pups! I am sure that if this bill passes that I will be the first to get a fine for my Yorkies!
rhiannon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!