Thread: Migranes!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #13
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

I get bad migranes too. Usually I take Excedrin Migrane to relieve even the smallest headache - it's the only thing that works for me. To make a long story short, a couple summers ago, I was veeeeeery sick and couldn't find anything to take so I ended up starting a new trend of taking 8 extra strength advil at a time just to even TOUCH my headache. Finally my cousin brought the Excedrin Migrane and I haven't stopped taking it since.

MRI's of the brain and head are usually bad if you are VERY claustrophobic like I am. I had one years ago and I shook so bad, they had to do some images again! What makes it worse is they are about an hour long and are VERY noisey. See if maybe your doctor can give you something to relax you first. I work in radiology and I've known plenty of patients to take vallium first! Is the MRI with or without contrast? If it's with, they will inject you with the contrast, so if you squeemish about needles, then I would definately try and get something to relax... or maybe see if you can schedule a sedated MRI if your that bad, but then you'd be paying for anesthia too.....

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!