View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

We give about a tsp or more of Stonyfield nonfat or lowfat organic yogurt everyday. It has the most live active cultures. It has prebiotics and probiotics which are really good for them. If they don't like yogurt, you can always add something to it that will make it more appealing. For example, sometimes I mix in several small pieces of peeled green apple or watermelon. Same with the cottage cheese.
As far as the sugar water...We never did sugar water, but when Miko was a pup and had hypoglycemia, we would add a tsp of honey to his bowl of water. This really helped out with the hypoglycemia.
Regarding pickiness, yes, they get picky and decide that they want a change in diet. Mine get bored with the same food everytime. We homecook also, so we change the recipes up. I make enough for two weeks at a time, so every two weeks, their diet changes. They love this system that I have going.
We don't give liverwurst, so I'm not sure about that.
If you're wanting to add supplements to their diets, I highly recommend Dr. Pitcairn's book. It has all the info you need to start homecooking long-term for your babies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!