View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyGirlz View Post
So I wondered what is "the right" amount to feed of some things.
First is yogurt...how much should I offer? And do you guys mix it with something else, or give it alone? So far, Gemma cleans the plate, but the others aren't interested.
And cottage cheese, same questions?
Also, someone suggested Liverwurst is better than baby hotdogs. I have to use baby hotdogs to entice them to eat sometimes - but I recently tried the liverwurst and they love it just the same - maybe more!! How much of this can I give them? And do you use it just as a treat?
Oh and someone said sugar water...how much sugar to how much water do you put out for them??
I am finding that they get bored with the food I feed!! Brats....I constantly have to change up what I offer them, dry kibble included!! They will LOVE it at first, then not touch it. Soon as I put down something they haven't had in a while, yummy! Same with the chicken/rice. Sometimes they gobble it down, the next day, they put their noses up. Same with scrambled eggs or anything else....do yours do this?
Thanks for your help!
Trina

Layla gets about a tsp, maybe a bit more of yogurt a day.. and in it she gets vitamin E and she gets about the same of cottage cheese

Layla doesn't usually turn her nose up at her food.. but she is usually hungry when i feed her... she has never been interested in food in the morning (she isn't a morning person... we get up and she goes right back to bed!) so around 11 she gets her yogurt, and around 1 her cottage cheese and it isn't until 3ish that she is at all interested in her food (i home cook) and even then i HAVE to put shredded cheddar cheese on top for her to eat it.. wont' even look at it if the cheese isn't there!!! with homecooking i try and give her a variety to keep her intetesred... last month was beef and oatmeal and carrotts... this coming month will be chicken, brown rice, split peas and mixed veggies... i cooked that batch up yesterday and gave her a try of it.. did'nt even need the cheese! it hink she was excited about the change of food!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!