View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
tinav
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default bath time trauma

I am beside "myself" (this time I actually feel sorry for me)

My Yorkie male is 7years old. Lately his bath time composure is getting worse and worse. I know dogs usually hate bath time but my guy is 7 and todays performance took the cake. From only an hour ago of a happy playful 7 years old Yorkie to a traumatic trembling 7 year old yorkie.

Historically his does not like bath time but for the past 2 years I have been bathing him in the sink and using the spray nozzle to rinse him. Prior I would bathe him in the shower with me. I can remember times when I was too busy at work to bath him as frequently he would go into the bath room and get up on the side of the tub as if to wonder why I am not bathing him so I would assume he didn't mind it all that much. Now it is one trauma after another and today was the absolute worst. He trembled as I bathed him, he trembled when, I dried him, he trembled while I brushed him,....I took him out prior to wee wee prior to finishing his brushing he did wee wee and then continued brushing him and back to the act.

I left him in the exercise pen for about 10min then took him out for a walk to see if he really needed to poop (which would be unusual cause he had already gone this morning. We walked and of course no poop. Right now I have him in the exercise pen (with water and toys of course) until I can rationalize just what he his doing.

Anyone else have this problem....I fell that this exercise pen thing that I am doing is not really conducive to correcting any part of the problem but I must gain some composure myself so there he stays.

Suggestions...PLEASE!!!!!
Tina
tinav is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!