Thread: Gotta question
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 06:22 AM   #1
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Default Gotta question

Morning everyone and Happy Memorial Day! Hope you all have a fun day!

I am seriously thinking about changing my vet. The Vet I am currently bringing the girls to is very good. (I worked for him many many years ago) However, the last couple of times I've brought the girls there I haven't gotten the same feeling from them...I didn't feel that warm and cozy feeling like I used to feel. My Parents also use this vet and like him very much. They have done free treatments on Heidi (she's a very sick little girl) and have let them make payments on some of their bills. (My parents have been going to this vet for years also). I asked a while ago what the cost would be to spay the girls..... Sadie is 3 yrs, 6 lbs and, had 3 heats....I was told it could cost up to $500.00. Lillie, is 11 months old 4 lbs, and no heats and they told me up to $400.00. I had asked my vet (Friday) if I could make payments on the bill...He had a real funny look on his face so I said "well, if I give you half down can I make payments on the rest?" He hesitantly said yes and walked out of the room....He never said good bye or anything so I didn't know wether or not he was even done with me...so I walked out of the room and asked the girl at the desk if I was done and she said yes....AND....the Office manager (that I use to work with and been there over 20 yrs) has been such a bi**ch lately wouldn't even respond to me when I came in or left...I was at a party yesterday and met the vet that just opened a practice about 5 minutes from me...She is young and loves what she does. I asked her many, many questions and never got huffy or upset with anything I asked her...She was very nice. Her and her husband hang with the same crowd as me and hubby...I was hesitant at first because I felt so comfortable with my other vet. After talking to her for a while I have made my decision to change..(I HATE change!) She has invited me to visit the clinic and would give me a tour and explain everything and anything to me.
She also does laser for her spays...I know the right kind of anesthesia is important to use...I thought Isoflorine was the safest...she told me that Isoflorine isn't a bad anesthesia but, the one that is used now is Sevoflorine...a much gentler anesthesia that when shut off the animal wakes up in minutes....

Have any of you heard of or, has your vet used this type on anesthesia? She told me that it was mostly used in geriatric animals because it is such a gentle anesthesia...

Sorry this is so long girls (and guy) but, these are my babies and I only want the best for them

Thanks everyone!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!