View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 04:57 AM   #6
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy785 View Post
Watch her closely! I just lost a little girl that had gained only an oz in 4 weeks. Check her regularly for dehydration by pinching (not to hurt, just to gather up) some skin and seeing if it returns to normal or stays up. If it stays up, get her to the vet immediately!!!

I ended up tube feeding my little girl every three hours because the siblings were 3-4times bigger than her and she could not nurse with them pushing her out. A breeder of bulldogs here in my town gave me a recipe for a dog formula. She says it is way better than any of the commercial formulas out there. It did have my little girl acting better the day before she died, but I just think there was something wrong that her little body did not gain any weight. (Vet could not find anything wrong with her after her death. We could have sent her off to the university, but that would have been $$$$ and not brought her back) In her short life, my little girl was at the vet 3 times. She died at exactly 1 month
Same thing happened to me. Mine was born 3.0 oz then dropped to 2.8. i fed her back to 3.0 but she was just too weak and little. i tried everything. Everyone suggested goat's milk and i even tried that. it only made her worse. she died a slow death at 8 days and I have since been told by the vet that the goats milk was not good for her.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!