View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 01:03 PM   #7
Stitches29
My Little Magwad

Not to change the subject, but vets sometimes to put the screws to us. A few years ago, we lost our first furkid. He was 14.. Our vet said he could be creamated. I had never heard of that for a pet, so we agreed. We picked up the ashes three days later at the price of $280. Yep, you read that correct. I looked at the paperwork and saw where the service was conducted. This past March, we had another furkid past away from renal failure. Our vet ask us if we wanted to have him cremated also. I told him that we were going to hand deliver Moken to the crematory. It was only 10 miles away. I ask the crematory director what different options they had. He said: 1. Pick up at vet and deliver back $80, 2. Pick up at your home and deliver back $90 or 3. Owner brings pet into crematory and picks up $60.
We were already there, so it cost $60. So, we were taken to the cleaners by our vet. Needless to say, we do not use this vet for Maggie. It's a shame too, because we had been using this vet for over 20 years. I still can't get over the fact that he made $200 off of our sorrow and didn't have to lift a finger.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!