View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 06:02 AM   #15
angelyorkie
Yorkie Talker

My Tullie (2 years old) was examined the day after I got her by my "cherished vet" whom I love and trust dearly. He always examines her in front of me, asks questions, calls me after my visits - even does the blood drawing in front of me. However, all the girls in the office do come to play with her before the exam. However, she does have bilateral subluxating patellas. Sometimes they are good and sometimes not. I did some research on this surgery and found that experts say if there are no symptoms, do not have surgery. Small dogs tend to develop arthritis faster with this surgery than if they do not have it and wait til there are symptoms. This was just my decision to wait. She runs like a little banshee and climbs stairs like a pro. She doesn't jump and doesn't go down the stairs.

With the vet thingy - The baby is yours not your vets. NO ONE will love her like YOU. Therefore, your vet should respect you enough to take time with you and your baby. Do NOT let anyone touch your baby nor take it out of your sight. Whatever is to be done can be done in front of you. My vet was there for me when my other dog was killed by the groomers. He referred me for the autopsy and even found a lab in pennsylvania to send remains to for second and third opinion. He personally took care of sending the needed tissues.

Good luck with your babe
angelyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!