View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 04:45 AM   #14
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
I question, question, question. The only time my pup is away from me at the vet is when there is a blood draw. Otherwise, I want to see what is being done, know the reason and still go home to read on the internet. This is especially important when they are given medications. Good luck and you instincts were right on target.

Same here. The only time my vet takes my pups away is for the blood draw and that is usually because their legs are so skinny they have to use the jugular (and that is something I'd rather not see or hear)!!

My Sissy was diagnosed with mild LP in her right rear leg at about 10 months of age. The vet even had me feel it. Her only symptom was a "skipping" motion that she would do when in a trot mode. She started on Missling Link Plus (with glucosamine) shortly after she turned a year old and it has made a huge difference. There is no longer any skipping at all.

With Angel, the vet has also felt a little slipping, but said that because she is still young (6 months) this can just be part of her growth. She did say that some pups will outgrow mild cases as their legs strengthen. As soon as she is old enough, she will go on Missing Link Plus as well (she is on regular Missing Link now). Good luck!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!