Thread: Migranes!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #8
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

I have had to deal with migranes for about 7 years now. I get severe migranes and I have to lay down and make sure I am in a dark room, I can't function at all with them. I have even had it to where I had a migrane for days before it would let up or go away.
I take the imitrex and it helps most of the time.
I did find out one of the reasons I was getting frequent migranes was do to some problems I have with my sinuses. So I had surgery done and I don't get them as frequent now.
The doctor recently put me on a new medicine that actually prevents migranes. It is a pill you take every day and it has helped me sooo much, it has been working really good!!
I did have an MRI and a cat scan and several other tests done years ago but I am use to them.
MRI wasn't bad for me but you are in an closed area and the noise of the MRI is horrible and you have hold still the entire time so I guess I can see why some hate having them done. But they give you head phones to listen to drown out the noise and help relax you.

Sorry you are having migranes, they are a pain to deal with. I hope you feel better soon and that your doctor can find something to help ease your pain and frequency of the migranes!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!