View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
OpheliaLoved
YT Addict

Talking Paddington's First trip to Petsmart!

I thought I'd take Paddington today to see if the groomer at Petsmart had any openings. They have a special for puppies that includes a bath, a nail trim (which he REALLY needs... I'm scared to do it myself) and the choice of a bow or bandana. It sounds like a good deal, but there were no openings.

While I was waiting for the clerk, Paddington was going bonkers!!!! He wanted to play with *every* dog! He got so bonkers that I couldn't hold him anymore, which was okay because he was on his lead as well. I laughed because it didn't matter what dog it was.. there were some that were more horse than dog (absolutely HUGE!!!) and Paddington was not scared at all!!! He tried to go right over to them and play! I loved it when we went out into the store and he would meet another small dog; he'd go up to the other dog and they'd bump noses like they were giving a "european greeting" it was TOO cute!!!! Kids really loved him, and he loved them right back! He is so well behaved too! I was so proud of my baby! He got a soccer ball, and the cutest little bandana and a hoodie that was on sale. The bandana and hoodie were more for me lol, but he picked out the soccer ball (who would've guessed LOL ) I also spoke with a trainer about some issues we've been having with pooing. He loved being with the other dogs so much that I might enroll him in a training class, just for socialization. At first I didn't think I needed to take him to one, because our training is going so smoothly and money is a little tight (classes are pricey!) but he loves being with other people and dogs so much, and I want him to learn not to jump all over other dogs and especially children. He LOVES children and accidentally scratches them when he tries to give them kisses.

Oh! And we met another yorkie named Ralph who was picked up from a rescue. I felt bad because Paddington was trying to romp around him, and Ralph wanted nothing to do with him! He kept growling. The mommy had never seen a puppy before and was surprised at how different they look. I hope Paddington grows up to be as beautiful as Ralph! He was so pretty, I don't know how his previous owners could have abandoned him like he did. I can see why his new mommy absolutely had to have him when she found him at the shelter. Yorkies can just melt people's hearts! I told her that they were both very lucky to have found each other!

So to say that Paddington likes Petsmart is an understatement. The only thing about them is that they are SO expensive compared to other pet supply stores. Does anyone know what other stores allow pets inside?

Long post LOL, I just can't believe how bonkers he was! And I was a very proud mommy to show off my baby!
-O
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!