View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
donatella80
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn218 View Post
I received an email from one of my homeschool groups and in it, they were talking about using Borax powder not only around the pets bed, carpet, etc. but actually rubbing it on the pet. She was talking about using it on a cat after many uses of store bought items didn't work and treatment caused her cat to get very ill. She said that the Borax worked wonders and they haven't had a problem in years.

Has anyone else heard of this???

I knew you could use Borax for roaches/ants/etc, but I thought it was probably pretty potent...........but this lady said it was safe to use around kids and pets. Is this true??

Here is the quote from the email.............
It's fine to add borax to the wash, but DO NOT use it in pure form around your pet and definitely not ON your pet. I make handmade toiletries (lotions, creams, perfumes) for a living and although borax can be used in small amounts (to adjust ph or as an emulsifier), it is definitely not safe in high concentrations for humans or animals.

Lab animals have shown moderate to significant irritation to a 10% borax/water solution on their skin and it has also been proven to cause testicular atrophy when introduced into their food.

Borax is definitely a potent chemical and nothing to use around your babies! Hope I helped a little!
donatella80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!