View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
Jo-Jo
YT Addict

Default Carsickness medicine......

A few days ago in another thread I said my vet was making some medicine for Jo to keep him from getting car sick and I encouraged others to check with their vets also. Well...after picking up my $65.00 (yes, that's sixty-five dollars) little 30 day supply bottle of chicken flavored liquid Diphenhydramine for Jo today I also had to go to the pharmacy so I decided to ask them about the medicine. It seems they can do the same thing with a regular bottle of children's Benadryl right off the shelf, they just use different flavors to mask the cherry taste...they have bacon, chicken, beef and chicken pot pie flavors. Now for the most aggrevating part (and please don't get me wrong, Jo is priceless to me but I don't like being taken advantage of) the pharmacy only charges the shelf price of the children's Benadryl and $3.00 to add the flavoring...he was shocked when I told him what the vet charged. So, if anyone else is planning to check into the flavored Benadryl please ask your vet about the proper dosage and ask if you can go straight through the pharmacy. Gee...wonder where I'll get the next bottle if Jo needs one?!? I sure hope this stuff works or I'm really gonna be honked!
Jo-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!