View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #9
YorkieShadow
BANNED!

Im so sorry you and Katie are going through this, Its so hard on the little ones and on us too. I just went through this same thing with my little male Yorkie Mickey.
He suffered a little over a month because even though I mentioned to the vet it may be stones he played the guessing game. Then Mickey got so bad he couldnt pee and they washed out his bladder 3 times and still he could not pass the stones and his was like sand, Its harder for a male to pass even the sand tyoe crystals because of the shape of the penis.
Make sure they send her stones to the lab to find out the type they are , This is very importent because they need the correct prescription diet food for that stone. Thanks to many YT members that told me this I had them send his off to the lab, I also asked for a full blood panel kiney funtion test on Mickey, witch turned out very low function.
I asked what the crystals was caused from , because I really believed it had to do with the recall foods. But the vet said its from infections.
Mickeys came back as 80% Calcium Oxalate Dihydrate and 20% calcium oxalate monohdrate. he is now on U/D presciption food. dry and can. We got both But he wont touch the can, but is eating the dry.
My vet told me after the surgery while hes regaining his strenith sense we wouldnt eat to feed him any thing that he would eat. because he was losing weight. but now he is better he is to stay on the presription food only.
You will want to keep pedylite and fresh cold water at all times while shes healing. I also had to give Mickey nutrical a few times a day. and I did give him a drop of honey on his tongue 2 times. we also feed Mickey with a syringe a presription food called a/d with water added to get him built back up until he was able to eat on his own.Mickey just had his stitches out and is doing so much better now. I hope an dpray that katie has a easier time then what Mickey did. I will keep you an dher in my prayers. If you have any Questions please Pm me.
YorkieShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!