View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
Sassysmama
No Longer a Member

Embarassed My puppy has a burnt tongue

I have a 4 month old yorkie (Sassy's daughter). Two days ago we heard something fall in the garage. I went out there (of course the dogs followed me) and a bottle of hair deglogger for drains fell and busted open. Sassy wouldn't go near it (thank god) but the puppy got to a pile I didn't see and started screaming. I ran inside, put her head under cold water. The bottle said, "not to induce vomitting and to give milk/water". My boyfriend and I gave her soy milk, regular milk and bread along with ham to bind the chemical. The bottle said "burns on contact". So I really doubt she drank any. I think she burned her tongue/mouth real bad. I've been feeding her turkey/ham (deli meat) and some cheese (for calcium, very little amt). She's having trouble eating food off the ground, bowls etc. She loves water tho. So I put her kibble in water and it floats. She's eating that, thank god! But is there anything I can do for her burn? Any topical solution or anything out there to make it heal faster? I've already talked to the vet and have an appt for tomorrow morning. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated. We are sooo worried about her and love her to death. Mallee and Sassy thank you too
Sassysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!