View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #1
ThreeSteps
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry She's Constipated - What can I use to fix this?

hi everyone. I have a yorkie named juliet. She's my whole world and best friend.

I noticed yesterday evening that she was taking longer than usual to poop. I never actually noticed if she did poop last nite, because it was dark, but she ran back to me like she always has. Then this morning, she took a long time again, and I noticed that she didn't poop. I'm worried. She's six years old and she's never been constipated before. Is this normal?

My neighbor said to give her a small amount of pumpkin, but she didn't want any of it. She sniffed it and walked off. I called the vet they told me to try pumpkin or scrambled eggs. I tried that, but she vomited them up. She never eats people-food, so maybe that upset her stomach.

THe vet had to leave early today, but I got juliet scheduled for tomorrow morning. But is there anything I can do now to relieve her constipation? I hate it when I'm constipated and I know she's has to be feeling miserable. I found this site about Dog constipation, they said you can give her Grape-Nuts Flakes, I assume for the added fiber benefits. DO you think this is safe? what about just regular corn flakes? Because I have those in my pantry already? I also heard that you can give your dog olive oil mixed with warm milk. Anyone else heard this? That doesn't sound safe - Olive Oil???

Can anyone give me some ideas or ways to fix her constipation? Other than scrambled eggs or pumpkin. Thank you so much. god bless.
ThreeSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!