View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
PuppyLovinNurse
Chloe's Mommy!
Donating Member

Default Just need to vent...(long)

...some of you may remember that I was very worried about getting Chloe spayed due to her tiny size and that my vet keeps them over night, alone. And that I had been procrastinating from making the appt because I was so nervous, scared, emotional, you name it!

Well, yesterday I grew some you-know-whats and called to discuss the policy.

This is where the venting comes in...the woman on the phone (secretary, I guess?) was SOOOOOO rude & defensive; practically screaming at me!

I told her that I don't agree with Chloe needing to stay over night alone when I can have her at home and watch her, I told her that I'm in nursing and know the effects of surgery blah blah blah and that unless she required IV fluids she didn't need to stay the night, ESPECIALLY not alone. Well the woman FLIPPED! Saying that's their policy and if I don't like it to go somewhere else. I asked for her name, she wouldn't give it to me...I asked to speak to someone in charge, she hung up on me. When I tried to call back, there was no answer.

Apparently we need to find a new vet. I don't get it!? The doctor was SO nice & helpful - but this b***h can suck it (sorry, but I'm so flippin' pissed). UGH! Some people...

And this is the ONLY vet in town. It's the freakin' animal hospital!

On the bright side, I called the next closest vet (about 20 minutes away) and the lady was so nice...I told her about my ordeal & asked if they keep the pets overnight, she said no so I have to go to my OLD vet today & pick up proof of vaccinations so I can go book the appt tomorrow ()

I will still have to find out the costs, other policies, etc., but at least I know she can come home with us that night! I don't care how much it is, peace of mind is worth it.

I could just beat that woman from the animal hospital, though. I really hope she's working when I go to pick up Chloe's papers. I'll definitely recognize the tone of voice & let me tell you, I'll rip her a new one!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!