View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
kezza
Lovin my Pixie Pooh
Donating Member

Default Goodbye my little baby girl.

Hello everyone.

I come on here now and again for a read but i don't post too often.

I just had to say goodbye to my 14 year old yorkie Heidi last week.
She had cancer which was diagnosed 18 months ago.
The vet warned us it could spread to her lungs, she coughed now and again but monday last week i noticed the cough sounded more severe, the next day i noticed her breathing had become more rapid and she was off her food. I took her to my vet and she was not happy with her at all, she gave her a steroid injection, an anti-inflammatory injection and some anti-biotics.
She got her appetite back a little tuesday night and managed to eat a little of my dinner while sitting on my lap.
She was very restless all Tuesday night and wouldn't lie down to sleep even though by now she was exhausted and her breathing had got worse, I had her in bed with me all night but i didn't sleep much.
By 6am the wednesday morning i knew that it didn't look good...
I phoned the vet and got my 2.30pm appointment brought forward to as soon as they opened.
The vet listened to her breathing and suggested we could try diuretics to try and get rid of the fluid on her lungs and through my tears i told her no, and that i thought the time had come to finally let her get the sleep so she desperately needed, my vet agreed with me.
It was the hardest thing i have ever had to do. The vet was wonderful and coped very well considering myself and my husband were almost hysterical by this time.
She took her away for a minute to give her a sedative and when she put her back in my arms she was very peaceful.
It was very quick and she left us to say our last goodbyes.
I wasn't prepared for how bad i felt...i knew it would be tough as she had been a huge part of my life for 14 years, i was only 19 when i brought her home at 8 weeks (i'm now 33) I felt physical pain and my chest felt heavy for days. Its been 8 days now and i can manage to talk about her without crying so it must be getting a little easier...but i will never forget my little baby and life will never be the same for me again.

RIP Heidi...mummys little angel x

Heidi...11.02.93 - 16.05.07
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!