View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 01:28 PM   #2
Claire
YT Addict

Default Try potty pads during the winter

My husband and I used the potty pads to train our Gracie. It took a few weeks and lots of patience! The only advice I can give you is to look for her sniffing around, very impatient, like she has to go potty and then take her out to do #2. Make sure you praise her like crazy! Make a big deal of her doing her buisness, like you are potty training a toddler!!!
We decided to stick with the potty pads because they were convient for apartment living and for cold weather! When ever she does her buisness on the pads we praise her like crazy! She comes and tells us now when she does her buisness just so she can get extra hugs and kisses! You can easily go from potty pads to outdoors by slowly moving the pad daily towards the door and eventuly outside.
Another thing, it may be that she is too uncomfortable to go #2 outside, or with someone watching her. I have a potty pad with me in my car because sometimes Gracie is too uncomfortable to go potty at someone else's house, if I notice her getting restless, I take her out to the car and she will go #2 on her pad, just like at home. Sounds weird, but it works!!!
Good Luck!! I hope that Demi brings you many years of happiness and love!
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!