View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 05:57 PM   #12
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyGirlz View Post
Oh thank you....I was not trying to sound like you SHOULD have know this-sorry if thats how it came out. I know you are concerned and I appreciate the links and info!
I don't know what it is yet. The vets keep saying that vomiting is not a symptom of giardia, but everyone here says it is. And we ARE smarter than a lot of these vets, based on our own experience! I firmly believe that. So....of course she was hypoglycemic by the time I got her there, but what caused the vomiting, we dont know yet The breeder ridiculed me for admitting her in the hospital, saying I did the wrong thing. So now I'm second guessing myself. But as Patti said to me, if I had listened to her, my baby would be dead right now
You SO did the right thing !! Don't 2nd guess yourself - you're dealing with 2 completely seperate things but with her being so small one may have to do with the other. That Giardia is hard to treat and they can get sick with it from what I've read...with that combined with her age and size it isn't your fault that she got hypoglycemia....that can happen so quickly and by the time you see the signs the dogs in distress. That happened with Chanel when she was a baby and we had to rush her to the vet at 2 am. Her breeder was NO Help either.

dont blame yourself. You were the one who did the right thing. I'm so glad you did what you thought was best and that breeder could have killed her by telling you that.... had you listened 24 hours without food ??? NEVER !

Last edited by red98vett; 05-23-2007 at 05:59 PM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!