View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

I think as far as going to work, if while at home you are taking her out in the grass as long as there is grass for her to go on while at work with you I don't think she'll have a problem with it, or pads at home and pads at work or what not. When we got Reagan she had been using pads and wouldn't go outside well one day we were over at my MIL's and outside all day so she just had to go in the grass I praised her and let her know it was ok and then after that she started going outside at my house. So I'm guessing she figured out it was ok to go outside there so it was ok to go outside anywhere.

Well nights...I will say I'm one of those people who let their dog in the bed with them. So at night she would wake me up just moving around and we would go out, no matter what if she was up walking around on the bed, even if she was just moving a couple of feet to lay back down I got up and took her out. They can hold it longer at night but when they are little they can't hold it through the whole night, so you will need to take her out. You could put her in her crate at night though and maybe try to get up at least once(maybe twice just until you know if she's going to go that much) to let her out, eventually she will probably let you know by whining that she needs to go out (if using the crate) but in the beginning she prob won't. My husband gets up at 4:30 so it wasn't long until she was sleeping until then and he would take her out, then it wasn't too much longer after that that she would just lay there like a ragdoll when he tried to get her up, she just wanted to sleep. He then would bring her back in there and back to sleep she went. Now she sleeps til I get up. And as soon as you wake up take her out especially if she's going to be walking around, this is the one time that you KNOW she's going to have to go. I used to take Reagan out before I went potty but now she can wait until after me, I'm so one of those people who have to pee the second I get out of bed.

Good luck, just be consistent and try not to get frustrated and you'll be fine.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!