View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
Gingergirlsmom
and Bernie's mom too!"
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
I would keep her off of all grasses and weeds, and just take her for walks on the sidewalks. You shouldn't have to cut her down. Just take a damp washcloth and rub her down each night in between her baths, then brush with a bristle brush really good. Keep all her bedding washed in dreft and vacuum every day to keep whatever gets tracked in, out. You may want to leave the shoes outside when you come in too.
LOL, I would love to give this a try, but, honestly, I don't think she'd squat in the street...she's always gone on grass. Even when we go to PetSmart, there is a gravel area to pee in. She finds the one little tuft of weeds that's growing through the gravel and pees on that I'm afraid her second choice, if she couldn't go in the yard would be to go on the carpet .I never, ever used pee pads or newspapers, just to the grass from the time she was a tiny pup.

Guess I could leash her and limit her excursions to just long enough to do her deed. Breaks my heart to keep her inside in the nice weather though...

I mean, she loves her baby pool, and she and Bernie will chase each other around the yard for for ages! Don't even get me started on the joys of squirrel chasing Also, there is dog club...and it's in the grass Comes down to quality of life...she won't be happy stuck inside.

Thanks for the input though. With my shihtzu (she hated the outdoors) I would've kept her off the grass in a second. Ginger's got too much outdoor spirit.

I do wash her bedding daily, (dreft or All free and clear)of course, at night she sleeps with us, and that only gets washed weekly...guess I could up that too.

All shoes stay on the porch, and we've got all kinds of rugs to wipe everyones feet. I'm a vaccuumaholic , and we've only got carpet in one room anyway.

Well, food for thought....maybe there is a way to keep her off the grass...

Ginger Bernie Fun Kitty
Gingergirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!