View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 08:38 AM   #1
LoveMyGirlz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default She has Giardia and throwing up all nite!

OMG-So I posted in another section asking what giardia was. I am so livid right now I could scream. Monday, Truffles started throwing up and not acting herself. Not too interested in eating, but she'd lick the nutrical up and would eat if I hand fed her chicken/turkey and baby hotdogs Still not eating good yesterday and I can't remember if she vomited.
Gemma's vet called yesterday to say her stool sample was positive for giardia but that it was common and that I DID NOT have to treat my other dogs!! After we hung up, Gemma threw up 2 piles of food!! So she had eaten yesterday....Later in the night, she was not eating and acting weird like Truffles. I forced nutrical down her and went to bed - she did eat baby hotdogs first. About 2am she woke up puking. All bile. After that, she was up every hour vomiting!!! SHE IS 2 POUNDS! My vet and hospital are supposed to be one of "the best" but in 1 hour I'm gonna read them the riot act! They are acting so nonchalaunt about all of this!! At 5:30 this morning they were like "oh she'll be ok to not eat anything until 2pm when the dr has his first opening!" I'm like "SHE IS 2 POUNDS!!" I opted for an earlier appt with a different doctor - hence a second opinion as well.
She hasn't thrown up since about 7am now....she is sleeping right here and not interested in food or water. I did not give her nutrical after the last 2 times she threw up because I thought she shouldn't have anything in her tummy....now I'm at a lose and not sure what to do or not to do!!??
I have gotten great advice in the other thread about Giardia and how contatious it is - total opposite of what my wacko vet says!!!
Please keep her in your prayers....and Truffles too. i'll update as soon as we get back from the dr.
God I'm sick about this and about getting this baby with so many issues from this breeder when I NEVER have had a problem with my other 2 that came from another breeder!! Why did I think I should look for a different breeder when I already had a great one????????????????? I'm so mad at myself......
LoveMyGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!