View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Tongue Developing Safe Treats for Liver Shunt Kids

I want to develop an SAFE irrestible treat for dogs who are affected by liver shunt. I am going to take it slow so it might be a couple of months in the R/D. I plan to have my vet involved and will email Dr. Tobais' clinic to see if they will provide any input. Above all the treats MUST BE SAFE and if I can't come up with something that my non-ls dogs go goo-goo crazy over, then I will scrap the entire project.

My first step is to ask that those of you who have furkids with liver shunt to please let me know some of the things they like to snack on - such as safe fruits and vegies. I have a multitude of questions and will appreciate any input you can provide.... I would appreciate talking with some of you who are feeding a LS kid at the present time -- so if you will pm me your telephone # the call will be on my dime.

1) Does fat-free homemade boullion contain protien?

2) How much protein do you include in the daily food intake?

3) Is vegetable protein such as Soy ok -- but then again many dogs are allergic to soy

4) I would probably use a vegetable and brown rice base ....

5) Would you feel "safe" offering your LS furkid a homemade treat -- especially if it were tested by an lab for protein content?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!