View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 AM   #7
Vinnie's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Here's the lovely thing about antibiotics, certain ones work for certain problems, but not others! For starters, i'm female, my "time" (catch my drift?) had passed a week before leg surgery, now i ended up with a 2nd "time" that month because of the stress of surgery, but i'm a girl and i had a tumor removed from my leg bone, pretty major surgery, they thought that I was peeing blood but it turned out to be something else, still caused from the stress of surgery though. I'm not sure that dental surgery would cause a male to pee blood, and I'm appalled that a vet would tell you that's normal! Surgery can stress your body and make it do all kinds of mysterious things, but dental surgery causing blood in urine, does that sound ridiculous to anyone other than me? And finally, i'm very, VERY allergic to 95% of antibiotics, i contracted a raging kidney infection 2 days before my wedding last year, slept 2 full days before the wedding with a high fever and no other symptoms. I had just been on antibiotics for an ear infection and thought it was coming back. Got through my wedding day, slept the day after, and the day after was memorial day so i slept through that too. Worked tuesday, came home, made dinner, did the dishes and I was so exhausted that i passed out on the couch in my dress clothes, woke up after an hour and could not physically get myself off the couch....long story short....hospital trip....kidney infection! The antibiotics I took for the ear infection do not work for kidney infections, because i was blown away that i had been on ten days of antibiotics and got a kidney infection, therein lies the problem, antibiotics could have caused the kidney infection. SORRY to make this so long but I hope it helps. The doctor can say don't worry he's on antibiotics, he'll be fine, but you have every right to call and say I want him seen and I want this problem addressed. It should be treated as a seperate problem. Good luck and keep us posted, your baby will be in my prayers!
Vinnie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!