View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 05:21 PM   #5
AprilLove
My Three Hearts
Donating Member

Every furbaby is different, but I will give you my experience. AprilLove didn't whine but she was much much worse, she sounded like some wild amazon bird out of the wild jungle!!! Her squawking sounds were enough to make me wonder "what have I done"!!!!????. lol. I put her in the crate for 5 minutes at a time at first and had to plug my ears!! I always put a little treat in there first. But I will say, it didn't last much more than a month or two and when you think about it, the first few weeks are the hardest on these little ones. They are in a strange new place, away from their mommy, everything is new and different we take them away from everything they knew their whole lives. They are pack animals and want to belong. They just want to be near us. They want to know that you will always be there. It takes a while for that sense of security to soak in. So, patience and before you know it, she will come around. Just remember to give lots of love and attention and play time when she is not in the crate. You will soon be rewarded ten-fold with love and adoration and Yorkie silliness!!!! It is WORTH IT!!

Last edited by AprilLove; 05-22-2007 at 05:24 PM.
AprilLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!