View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #4
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

As long as you do not pay attention to her when she cries, she should stop on her own fairly soon. If she cries at night, try to crate her in your bedroom where she can see you. Just remember, the first 3 months or so these little ones go through a fear of abandonment. They were just taken from their litter mates, from their pack, and have not yet learned that they are part of a new pack. Imagine how you would feel when you were 5 years old and someone took you from your family and brought you to live with a new one? During this time, your baby is learning that when you leave, you will come back. Just give it time and don't acknowledge the behavior. Also remember this, a good puppy is a tired puppy. Wear baby out playing before baby goes into the ex-pen or crate. Then baby will sleep. It has been a while, but I think Gracie cried until she was about 12 weeks old. I got her at 8 weeks, so I guess that is about a month after she came home with me. I remember I was about to pull my hair out with the crying when she finally stopped. I did get her the Comfort Pup dog bed, that has a heart beat in it. That really helped. Give her lots of love too! Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!