View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #9
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

OK, this will probably disgust some people, but it illustrates how daft I can be for my Yorkies:

Jack recently got put on a prescription dry food. The pellets are larger than his old food. And since he has only one canine tooth and a few back teeth left, he can't chew much. He has a harder time swallowing the new food than he did his old, smaller pellets.

When I realized that one day, I went up to his bowl, grabbed a pellet and bit it in half. I know it probably seems gross, but in obedience school, they have us store the treats in our mouth so the dogs look at our face and not our hands. So I'm sorta used to it. Anyway, when I fed Jack the "pre-chewed" food, he loved it. Now when he goes to his bowl, he barks at me to come over and bite it for him. My wife almost threw me out when she realized what he was barking for!

Don't worry. I have since started breaking it up with a mallet. Jack still barks for attention, though.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!