View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
AMD
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Angry Does your family criticize you? I'm upset!

I'm interested in breeding yorkies, so I have been trying to attend a show to meet a mentor. I really love yorkies and I want one so badly, that I've been thinking about just getting a pet yorkie first. I was talking to my mom today, and was telling her I want to get a pet first, and she's like "Why not just get one to make money?" It made me so mad! It's like, why have I been reading every book about breading, and trying to meet Bente (mentor)? To make money? I think NOT!!! I feel...almost offended. My bro's lab has had 2 "accidental" litters that the pups were sold and she's just fine with it. "We made money from Rascal(lab). Those people are just fine with their pups. So what if she has litters." BTW-she's still not fixed, and never will be. It just irks me!!! So I TRIED explaining to her: I started my store to make money. You have no idea what happened to those pups. They may be killed, in abusive homes, or are in shelters living in cages. (which I don't doubt) Didn't get it ONE BIT!!! "SO?" UGH!! What do I say? How do I try to inform her that's not the way to breed? I'm so irritated! Sorry for the long post!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!