View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #1
Anna Banana
YT 3000 Club Member

Default Help! Yorkies and Rabbits!

I spend a lot of time at my mom's house, like more than I do at my own. (We are neighbors.) She rescues and fosters animals, so its a full house! My yorkie Wobie gets along well with all the dogs, and he likes the cats, but he really loves the rabbits, and one in particular.

For those who only know the innocent, peaceful side of rabbits should know that rabbits can be dangerous, when they fight, they end up with broken bones, and some prtty vicous bites...and it can happen in a blink of an eye...Since Wobie's only 2 pounds, and Delilah, the rabbit, weighs about 6 or so, I'm worried...So far, the rabbit hasn't seemed aggressive at all, it might help that she's a female, and its usually the males that ones that are aggressive.

I think its important that Wobie have someone of his own size to play with, because the 5 dogs are big dogs, three australian shepherds, one black lab, and one lab/pit bull/husky.

I've let them sit and smell each other, but I'm worried about my Wobie's safety, so I always stay right next to them, and don't really let them play. Has anyone let their pet rabbit and yorkie play together? Have the rabbits ever hurt your yorkies, intentionally or unintentionally? Should I be worried?

P.S. - I'll always supervise them playing, if I decide to let them, and I'm not worried about the rabbit's safety, she can take care of herself.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!