View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 01:01 AM   #19
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Default Our opinion on this subject

This is a very touchy subject for us. I feel that spay/neuter should be ones own decision and that as a responsable pet owner the accidental getting preganant is not likely to happen. We have always had female dog, our dobies, poodle, yorkies, we have never bred any of our dogs, and also was very careful when they came into season especially with our Dobies enjoying the life of outdoors.

We did have a Dobie and a Poodle spayed/diffent times by different vets years ago, we had nothing but health issue to deal with their remaining lifes
and it was very unpleasant. I said never again.

Now we are put into a dilema of being told here in the area we live in California that it is MANDATORY to have Baby Blessing spayed. The county of Los Angeles has passed this there is no exemption for us, and others, regardless, the decision is not for us to decide but the county government officials have decided for everyone. Is this right, we believe it not to be.

This new law is also being put before the state to be state law of mandory spay/neuter. I may be heavily fined already since I didn't comply with having her spayed by the dead line given to everyone. I don't want to spay her and yes,there is many risks involved and yes our vet has already told me anything can happen, surgery is surgery and there are always risks involved. Life is unpredictable be it human or pets, we never know what is going to happen to our or their bodies. To say that spay/neuter is going to prolong life is not true. My belief is that be the powers of the Lord what happens will happen and nothing can stop it.

I am not posting all this to have any comments negative towards us on our decision but to merely express our own personal view on this subject. I also at the same time say, I am totally against any county or government agency passing such a law to tell me I must spay our pet this is to us a form of dictatorship and not freedom of choice. We are not a young couple and have seen a lot in life, and it is to our belief govenment is getting involved in situations that it shouldn't be.

Please to those that will, pray about this for us as I certainly am not needing this additional undo stress nor is Jack.
We are planning a move in the future to North Carolina to be close to our daughter and yet are still told we have to do this. Another thing people don't know if they come to California to visit even after 15 days they must get a Calif. dog license even if a visitor, this we have been told at the local animal shelter, this be the case and if you were one of those people would you want to be made to have your dog spayed/neutered, according to this new law passed you would have to. Now how stupid is that.

Micro chip is also the law but we had no problem with that and did so right away. Patti and Jack

Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!